Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Book Review – Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover







Title: Maybe Someday
Author: Colleen Hoover
Released: March 18, 2014

SYNOPSIS:

At twenty-two years old, aspiring musician Sydney Blake has a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her good friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter cheating on her with Tori—and she is left trying to decide what to do next.

Sydney becomes captivated by her mysterious neighbor, Ridge Lawson. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the daily guitar playing he does out on his balcony. She can feel the harmony and vibrations in his music. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either: He seems to have finally found his muse. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one…


MY REVIEW:

This book was so perfect in every way. The summary on the back of the book? Can't even prepare you for the emotional annihilation this story puts you through. The writing was achingly gorgeous, the characters were complex and flawed and brilliant, and the story was unlike anything I've ever read. Really. The connection between Ridge and Sydney was more than you could ever ask for from characters. I could feel every one of their emotions as if it was my own. 

On one hand, I'm glad this book is over because my heart was so torn apart during the story I didn't think there was ever a way CoHo could make it right again. But at the same time, I loved having my heart destroyed by Ridge and Sydney's love and I was sad to get to the last page. 

And that last page? Could there be a more perfect sentence to end a book? No. Because Colleen Hoover is the master. Please continue to rip my heart to shreds, CoHo. I beg you.

Note: Another amazing aspect of this book is that it includes a free soundtrack specifically written and recorded for this book by Griffin Peterson. It is awesome. I have several tracks downloaded onto my ipod that play in my regular playlist. My personal favorites? Maybe Someday and I'm in Trouble.


SUM IT UP:












Follow me on Goodreads and see all of my reviews.
Visit my website for information on my books, giveaways, and other fun news.

www.christinemanzari.com

No comments:

Post a Comment