Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Indie Book Review – Crossing by Stacey Wallace Benefiel

Title: Crossing
Author: Stacey Wallace Benefiel
Series: Open Door Love Story #1
Released: May 8, 2013

SYNOPSIS: 

He stole her lipstick…and her heart.

Twenty-year-old Dani Walker can’t believe her luck when she’s paired up with the gorgeous Liam Garrett as her Acting I scene partner – or when he ends up in her bed. Being a Plain Jane with a mouth on her hasn’t exactly served Dani well in the guy department. In fact, she’s had nothing but one night stands. Still, she lets go of her insecurities and falls for Liam, despite feeling like he’s holding something back.

When Dani finally discovers Liam’s secret, she must learn the true meaning of accepting the ones we love for who they are, or risk losing the best thing that’s ever happened to her.



MY REVIEW:

I've never read a book before with this subject matter. It's hard to talk about why I liked it so much without being spoilery. All I can say is that Ms. Benefiel was just as brave in writing this story as her characters were in dealing with their feelings, urges, and choices. I especially loved Dani's sense of humor and her ability to see beyond outer appearances to find love.

I think if you can read this book with an open mind and heart, you will be rewarded with a great story and characters who will touch your thoughts long after you finish the last page.


SUM IT UP: 

"I think being happy makes the biggest difference in your physical appearance." – Drew Barrymore


Follow me on Goodreads and see all of my reviews.
Visit my website for information on my books, giveaways, and other fun news.

www.christinemanzari.com

No comments:

Post a Comment