Sunday, July 13, 2014

Book Review – Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor

Title: Days of Blood & Starlight
Author: Laini Taylor
Series: Daughter of Smoke & Bone
Published: 2012

SYNOPSIS:

Once upon a time, an angel and a devil held a wishbone between them.

And its snap split the world in two.


Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a new way of living – one without massacres and torn throats and bonfires of the fallen, without revenants or bastard armies or children ripped from their mothers’ arms to take their turn in the killing and dying.


Once, the lovers lay entwined in the moon’s secret temple and dreamed of a world that was a like a jewel-box without a jewel – a paradise waiting for them to find it and fill it with their happiness.


This was not that world



MY REVIEW:

This book was incredible. Written in different points of view, the writing is poetic and enthralling. I was worried I wouldn't know what was going on since it had been a while since I had read Daughter of Smoke & Bone, but I got right back into the story quickly and loved every page of it. 

I loved Mik and Zuzana in the first book and am so glad they were in this story to bring their sweet humor to lighten up the darkness of the world Karou is thrown into. She has discovered her past and knows that she fell in love with the enemy. Now Akiva and Karou have to discover where their loyalty lies—with each other or their individual races. Through Taylor's amazing writing, I can feel Karou's turmoil as she tries to decide if love has any place in her new reality or if some betrayals and histories are too deep to ever overcome. 

I didn't think Laini Taylor could top the writing in her first book...but she did. She DID! 


SUM IT UP:












Follow me on Goodreads to see all of my reviews.
Visit my website for information on my books, giveaways, and other fun stuff.

www.christinemanzari.com

No comments:

Post a Comment