Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Book Review – Twisted by Emma Chase

Title: Twisted
Author: Emma Chase
Series: Tangled
Published: March 2014


SYNOPSIS:

When spontaneous and carefree meets cautious and responsible, falling in love can get just a little Twisted.

There are two kinds of people in the world. The ones who look first, and the ones who leap. I’ve always been more of a looker. Cautious. A planner. That changed after I met Drew Evans. He was so persistent. So sure of himself – and of me.

But not all love stories end happily ever after. Did you think Drew and I were going to ride off into the sunset? Join the club. Now I have to make a choice, the most important of my life. Drew already made his –in fact, he tried to decide for the both of us. But you know that’s just not my style. So I came back to Greenville. Alone. Well, sort of alone....

What I've come to realize is that old habits die hard and sometimes you have to go back to where you began, before you can move ahead.

TWISTED picks up two years after Tangled’s end, and is told from Kate’s POV.



MY REVIEW:

Emma, can we be best friends? Because seriously. If you're half as funny in person as you are in writing, we need to be besties. But I'm kind of an introvert, so maybe we should just do this whole friendship thing online. Okay? Perfect.

So Drew and Kate. They are a messed up kind of beautiful. When they're on track, they're sickeningly sweet in love and wickedly awesome dirty in bed. 

What I love about the way these stories are told is that the narrator, this time Kate, talks to the reader as if we're having a conversation. And that makes me really feel like I'm part of the story so I feel every emotion (good and bad) tenfold. The humor is great, the misunderstandings are tragic, the heartbreak is epic, and the conclusion is perfect. 

I reread the playground scene several times because as big of an asshat as Drew can be, Drew in love is a force to be reckoned with. He's willing to sacrifice just about anything to have Kate...and that's just downright dreamy.

Thanks for keeping me up all night with a "just one more chapter" book, Emma. I LOVED it!


SUM IT UP:









Follow me on Goodreads to see all of my reviews.
Visit my website for news on my books, giveaways, and other fun stuff.

www.christinemanzari.com

No comments:

Post a Comment