Saturday, August 9, 2014

Book Review – Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Title: Ugly Love
Author: Colleen Hoover
Published: August 2014


SYNOPSIS:

When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly



MY REVIEW:

Brilliant. Heart-wrenching. Sexy. Addictive. Rewarding. Flawless. Butterflying Awesome.

Colleen Hoover is an amazing writer. She never writes the same thing twice and I find it mind-boggling that she is so consistently flawless in every book. I butterflying love everything she writes. I know I've said this before, but I'd freaking read her grocery lists if I had the chance to because they'd probably have some sort of hidden genius and humor in them too. I always think there is no way CoHo can top the last book she wrote. But then I crack the spine of her new release and her words are so perfect and I want to hold her characters in my heart forever and I can't put the book down. 

Ugly Love...it was so beautiful. At first I thought that the use of water and liquid as a theme in Tate's and Miles' storylines was just clever, a nice little juxtaposition of their feelings and emotions for each other. But then when I got to the end of the story and finally knew the full truth of what water meant to Miles and his broken heart....I wanted to fall to my knees in front of CoHo and worship the perfection of her writing.

And it wasn't just the words and language of CoHo's writing that was so lovely together, it was the way that those words were placed on the page. Cascading, centered, repeated, emphasized...the layout of the words was just as poetic as the words themselves. This book was poetic, truly poetic.

I'm in love with this story and the characters. I want to jump right back in and read it all over again



SUM IT UP:












Follow me on Goodreads to see all of my reviews.
Visit my website for information on my books, giveaways, and other fun stuff.

www.christinemanzari.com

No comments:

Post a Comment